Dan M. Challa
Dan Challa specializes in commercial mortgage lending, real estate development, construction liens, environmental law, and general real estate. Dan has been with McShane & Bowie since his graduation from law school in 1981. His practice deals extensively with clients such as banks, institutional lenders, real estate developers, and building contractors.
- Fifth Third Bank
- PNC Bank
- Bit-Tel Investment, LLC
- Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company
- The Ohio National Life Insurance Company
- Wolverine Building, Inc.
- Represented lender acting as lead lender in connection with a series of loans totaling approximately $30,000,000 to finance construction and development of a multi-use project including residential apartments, retail space and non-profit uses.
- Represented lender in connection with multiple loans to finance rehabilitation and development of a multi-use project including residential condominiums, offices, retail and related accessory uses.
- Represented owner of approximately 100,000 square foot industrial building in negotiating and documenting lease of building to regional tenant.
- Represented owner of industrial building in connection with documentation of construction contract to expand building, negotiation and documentation of new lease with national tenant and negotiation due diligence and documentation of mortgage loan.
- Represented community bank in pursuing title insurance claim involving mortgage on commercial condominium units in multi-use planned unit development, resulting in payment of mid six figure claim.
- Represented owner of approximately 100 unit apartment building in negotiating and closing a mortgage loan from a life insurance company lender to pay off a matured commercial mortgage backed security loan.
- Represented general contractor in negotiating with mortgage lender and owner for settlement of construction lien claim in large multi-unit urban condominium development.
- Michigan, 1981
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan, 1981
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1978
Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Membership:
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Grand Rapids Home Builders Association