Areas of Practice
Kathleen L. Bruinsma
Ms. Bruinsma represents individuals and businesses in a broad range of civil litigation matters, with a focus on commercial credit issues and secured transactions for banks and credit unions. She frequently handles matters under federal consumer lending statutes and represents creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.
Ms. Bruinsma previously practiced in the Chicago office of a London law firm, where, in addition to commercial and class action defense, she handled contract and treaty matters for French-speaking clients.
Before entering the University of Notre Dame Law School in 1994, Ms. Bruinsma served as a legislative director for the Mayor of Boston for two years
- Michigan, 2006
- Illinois, 1997
- Providence College, B.A., Cum Laude, 1992. Pi Sigma Alpha
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1997.
National Moot Court Team
A. Harold Weber Moot Court Award
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- How the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Can Apply to Creditors and Other Non-Third Party Collectors, 54 Consumer Fin. L. Q. Rep. 211 (2000)