Areas of Practice
Aaron M. Smith
Aaron Smith provides practical counsel in all phases of commercial real estate development, guiding clients through both legal and business issues to help them achieve their objectives.
His areas of expertise include complex commercial real estate acquisitions, dispositions and developments. Aaron also has extensive experience negotiating office, retail and industrial leases and recreational land use agreements.
Outside of the office, Aaron enjoys spending time with his family, mountain biking, downhill skiing, and rooting for his beloved St. Louis Cardinals.
- Washington University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2002
- Hope College, Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, magna cum laude, 1999
Honors & Awards:
- Grand Rapids Magazine Top Lawyers 2018-to present
- Real Estate
- The Best Lawyers in America©
- Real Estate Law (Grand Rapids) – 2018 to present
- Leading LawyersSM
- Commercial Real Estate Law (Grand Rapids)
Professional Associations and Membership:
- State Bar of Michigan
- Real Property Law Section
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Real Property Section, Executive Committee, 2015 to present
- Young Lawyers Section, Past Chair
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- City of East Grand Rapids
- Parks & Recreation Commission Advisory Board, 2016-2022
- West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance