Areas of Practice
David L. Smith
David Smith is of counsel to McShane & Bowie with 42 years of service to the Firm. David’s exclusive practice has been commercial real estate including all aspects of the purchase, sale and exchange of real estate, commercial and residential real estate development, zoning and land use planning, construction contracts and liens, financing, and leasing.
In the post 2008 environment, his practice has included representation of owners and developers in their banking and financing arrangements including workouts and restructuring as well as the purchase of financial encumbered properties and loans.
David enjoys a wide range of clients including commercial developers and non-profit corporations.
- Purchases, Sales and Exchanges
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate Development
- Zoning and Land Use Planning
- Purchasing, Sales and Exchanges
- Construction Contracts and Liens
- Financing and Tax-Exempt Financing
- Michigan and United States Federal Courts 1970
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri, 1970
- Denison University, B.A., 1967
Professional Associations and Membership:
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbel