Areas of Practice
Evan D. Malady
Evan Malady is an associate at McShane & Bowie, PLC practicing in our real estate, commercial litigation, and estate planning groups.
Evan received his undergraduate degree from Michigan State University and his law degree from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University. While in law school, an externship at the United States Attorney’s Office steered him toward beginning his career in public service.
Evan began his legal career as a prosecutor for the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office, where he prosecuted Fraud and Identity Theft cases. Before joining the firm, Evan worked as an Assistant Attorney General at the Arizona Attorney General’s Office in the Fraud and Special Prosecution section where he prosecuted financial crimes and internet crimes against children.
Originally from Muskegon, Evan returned home to West Michigan and lives in Grand Rapids. When not in the office, Evan enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, and on Lake Michigan.
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, Juris Doctor, 2017
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and Exercise Science, 2012
Honors & Awards:
- Nominee, 2020 Rising Star Prosecutor of the Year, Arizona Prosecuting Attorneys’ Advisory Council
- Prosecutor of the Month, Maricopa County Attorney’s Office – Organized Crime Division, August 2018
Professional Associations and Membership:
- State Bar of Michigan
- Presenter, 2019 Attorney General Alliance/Africa Alliance Partnership Financial Crimes Workshop, Pretoria, South Africa
- Volunteer, Special Olympics of Michigan
- Volunteer, Ability 360 (Phoenix)