Areas of Practice
Divorce & Family Law
Evan D. Malady
An associate in the firm’s commercial litigation and divorce and family law practice groups, Evan Malady draws from his strong investigative, negotiation, and advocacy skills to zealously represent his clients.
Evan received his undergraduate from Michigan State University and subsequently headed west to attend the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University. To supplement his classroom learning, he participated in externships with the Arizona Center For Disability Law and the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
After completing his Juris Doctor degree, Evan began his legal career in the public sector. As a Deputy County Attorney for Maricopa County, which includes Phoenix, he quickly gained confidence in the courtroom by prosecuting criminal misdemeanor and felony cases. He meticulously investigated facts, reviewed documents in detail, and met with witnesses, all in preparation for the prosecution and possible trial of the case.
Evan’s penchant for thorough preparation led him to work as Assistant Attorney General in the Criminal Division of the Arizona Attorney General’s Office. Here, he amassed even more experience in working up cases, including the prosecution of serious crimes, including complex financial crimes and public corruption. Evan worked closely with victims of financial crimes and internet crimes against children. Those experiences later prompted him to enter private practice to focus on family law matters.
Evan’s review of detailed documents, interest in investigation, and experience in the courtroom make him the ideal litigator. He carefully prepares his litigation strategy and execution, and clients are undoubtedly well-served by his methodical approach. His confidence, presence, and superior advocacy skills stand out among his peers.
Originally from Muskegon, Evan returned home to West Michigan in 2021 and now lives in Grand Rapids.
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, Juris Doctor, 2017
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and Exercise Science, 2012
Honors & Awards:
- Nominee, 2020 Rising Star Prosecutor of the Year, Arizona Prosecuting Attorneys’ Advisory Council
- Prosecutor of the Month, Maricopa County Attorney’s Office – Organized Crime Division, August 2018
Professional Associations and Membership:
- State Bar of Michigan
- State Bar of Arizona
- Presenter, 2019 Attorney General Alliance/Africa Alliance Partnership Financial Crimes Workshop, Pretoria, South Africa
- Volunteer, Special Olympics of Michigan
- Volunteer, Ability 360 (Phoenix)