Areas of Practice
Business and Corporate
John R. Grant
John Grant has nearly four decades of experience representing clients in corporate and commercial matters, banking and secured transactions, creditor’s rights, workouts and general real estate matters.
With a client roster that includes lenders and closely held companies engaged in manufacturing, agribusiness, charter school management as well as other commercial sectors, John is known and respected for his pragmatism, responsiveness, and clear communication.
John’s perspective as a trusted outside advisor is informed by the years he spent as in-house counsel. Because time and money are of utmost importance to his clients, he promptly analyzes each new issue, develops a plan of attack consistent with the client’s goals and objectives, and then sets out to address the problem and implement a solution quickly and efficiently, driving the process with key stakeholders and overseeing the team at McShane & Bowie.
The value John delivers to his clients is matched only by his commitment to giving back. He volunteers with various charitable and non-profit organizations and currently sits on the executive committee of the Community Foundation for Oceana County.
- University of Georgia School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1980
- Hope College, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 1973
Honors & Awards:
- AV Preeminent Lawyer (Martindale-Hubbell)
- Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
Professional Associations and Membership:
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law, Master Lawyers, and Real Property Law Sections
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Community Foundation for Oceana County
- Trustee and Executive Committee Member