Areas of Practice
Divorce & Family Law
Kyle J. Quinn
Kyle Quinn concentrates exclusively on family law matters, helping people at some of the most emotionally difficult and financially uncertain points in their lives. These matters include but are not limited to prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, divorce, separate maintenance, property division, child support, spousal support (alimony), custody, and parenting time.
Clients not only value Kyle’s knowledge and integrity but also value his clear, straight-shooting advice and communication. He translates legal complexities into language that clients understand. Every matter is factually distinct, and Kyle listens carefully to his clients to help identify what is most important to them and provides practical and creative solutions to achieve their goals.
Kyle regularly utilizes negotiation and dispute resolution techniques to obtain favorable resolutions to his clients’ often complex legal matters, but when trial advocacy is needed, he is an aggressive and skilled litigator with significant experience in the courtroom.
Kyle regularly writes and presents on family law topics and trends, and actively participates in the family law sections of the State Bar of Michigan and Grand Rapids Bar Association. He also gives back to his community by providing pro bono legal services on referral from Legal Aid of Western Michigan and, in 2015, he was appointed by the Kent County Board of Commissioners to serve as the family law attorney on the Kent County Friend of the Court Citizens Advisory Committee. Highly regarded and respected by his peers and the judges before whom he appears, Kyle has repeatedly been selected to the elite list of Michigan Super Lawyers – Rising Stars.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Marquette University Law School, Juris Doctor, 2007
- Pro Bono Society Honor Recipient
- Volunteer, Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic
- Law Clerk, Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Intern, Milwaukee County Corporation Counsel
- Intern, Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee.
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies in Social Science, with high honors, 2003
- Cognate (minor) in Psychology
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Study Abroad, University of Westminster, London, England
Honors & Awards:
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars (Michigan)
- Family Law, 2015-19
Professional Associations and Membership:
- State Bar of Michigan
- Family Law and Litigation Sections
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Chair, Family Law Section, 2015
- Kent County Friend of the Court Citizens Advisory Committee
- Chair, 2018
- Designated Family Law Attorney
- Certified Family Law Mediator
- Trained Domestic Collaborative Practice Lawyer
- “Separate Property Update,” Institute of Continuing Legal Education Family Law Institute, 2018
- “Fundamentals of Divorce Practice and Procedure: Valuing and Dividing the Property,” Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2018
- “Pre- and Postnuptial Agreements – Postnuptial Agreements and Modification of Marital Agreements,” Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2017
- “Fundamentals of Divorce Practice and Procedure: Valuing and Dividing the Property,” Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2015
- “Be Smart About Smart Phone E-Discovery; Learn What to Secure and How to Secure It,” Family Law Section, Grand Rapids Bar Association, 2014
- “Litigating Support Issues: Pass-Through Entities and K-1 Income,” State Bar of Michigan Family Law Journal, 2016
- “Marital Agreements (Pre & Post Nuptial Agreements)” (co-author) LexisNexis Practice Guide: Michigan Family Law
- “Pretrial Procedure in the Divorce Case” (chapter co-author), Michigan Family Law: Seventh Edition, Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2018